New Product: EC 60 flat with MILE Encoder
The multitude of possible combinations makes the new EC 60 flat the ideal drive in a wide range of applications. Whether the focus is on high nominal torque, on high-dynamic positioning tasks with superb repetition accuracy, or on robustness and insensitivity against environmental conditions, the choice is all up to the end user.
Versatility, power, and robustness for flat motors has a name: EC 60 Flat
- Versatility: Various windings for battery-powered and industrial applications, direct or belt drives, torque and repetition accuracy.
- Power: Nominal torque up to 319 mNm, almost non-existent detent of 7 to 12 mNm.
- Robustness: Radial load 100 N, protection class IP 54 (spray water), grounding connection directly at the flange, cable strain relief, environmental conditions of -40 to +100°C.
The MILE encoder is used to make optimal use of the flat motor in high-precision applications and positioning tasks. Behind the abbreviation MILE hides Maxon’s Inductive Little Encoder, the worldwide smallest inductive rotary encoder. Its operating principle is based on the detection of high-frequency inductivity which generates eddy current in an electrically conducting target.
The advantages of a high-frequency inductive method of measurement compared to traditional encoders are:
- High robustness towards dust or oil vapour thus making additional protective measures, such as a cover, unnecessary.
- High speed.
- Insensitivity against interference pulses (for example from PWM controllers or motor magnets).
The EC 60 flat’s extraordinary characteristics come into full effect in battery-powered mobile applications, as well as in the industrial field; for example in variable flow valve drives, in dialysis systems, or in direct drive centrifuges with extended service life and large radial loads.
The EC 60 flat’s various possible combinations permit the use in a wide range of applications. For example, the focus can be laid on torque, robustness, or repeating accuracy making the following key data possible:
- High continuous torque: as direct drive up to 319 mNm, as IP 54 version up to 257 mNm
- Very low detent of <12 mNm
- High radial load of 100 N
- Protection class IP 54 (spray water)
- High repeating accuracy due to resolutions up to 2048 impulses per turn
- Encoder suitable for special environmental conditions (dust, oil, magnetic fields)
The new EC 60 flat MILE is particularly ideal for use in applications demanding high torque and positioning tasks, as well as for high-precision variable speed setups.